Ponderings

Everyone seems to have sayings that inspire them, or words that offer encouragement in one way or another. I have found through friends (real and online) that there is a wealth of words strung together in a variety of ways that cause me to ponder life, love and loss. I thought I would share some of them here.

  • Love is like the wind. I can feel it, but I can't see it.


  • Any emotion if it is sincere is involuntary.


  • Keep your loved ones in your heart and not on your mind.


  • The love you take is equal to the love you make
    (OK, those are lyrics from a Beatles song, but they are words said to me by an ex-lover from many, many years ago when we broke up that stuck with me and I have tried to live by since.)


  • Anything worth having is worth fighting for.


  • And then there was this little gem from a fortune cookie:
  • Efforts and courage are not enough without purpose and direction.


  • This last one really struck me as being tremendously profound.

    1 comments:

    i like the quotes you've chosen, especially the "anything worth having is worth fighting for." i think we all look for words of inspiration or encouragement to give us a sense of someone having gone before us and made it through. thank you for sharing these.

    January 6, 2010 at 2:53 PM  

    Newer Post Older Post Home